Communicating with your team is just as important as communicating with your customers.
As you are reviewing your communication plans, don’t forget about internal communications. Your team needs a good communication system to keep each other abreast of updates on projects.
You may have all the details of a certain project in your head, but if you don’t input that information into your customer relationship management (CRM), other team members won’t know when they need to get involved to supplement or bill for items.
If you have an in-house supplementing team, or if you use an outside company, make sure you do the following to make the most of your time:
- Document everything! This involves taking photos of everything – remember, if you don’t have photo documentation, you can’t prove it.
- Update your notes in your CRM system at least 1-2 times a week (and/or whenever you have new information)
- Always enter your homeowner’s information into your CRM system as soon as you have the information, including:
- Email address
- Insurance info
- Mortgage company
- Always obtain the mortgage company’s name and have the third-party authorization form signed
- Update any billing adjustments right away so that the customer is invoiced for the correct amount.