Size matters! You might not think you need to document more than the footage on gutters & downs, but if that’s all you’re doing, you’re missing out on the money you could get.
Adjusters will often just write the scope based on 5 inch gutters & downspouts without realizing they are actually 6 inch. So, if you don’t document the correct size, you’re not going to get reimbursed.
HOW TO DOCUMENT
How do you document this so that you are getting paid the correct amount? Easy, grab your tape measure and pull the tape showing two measurements.
PHOTO 1: from the roof or ladder, show the measurement of the top of the gutter.
PHOTO 2: from the ground, take a measurement of the widest face of the downspout.
Take our expert advice and take a photo of the gutter & downspout measurement on every job. It’s a good habit to have so you always order the right amount of materials AND so you will have the necessary proof to send to the insurance carrier with your supplement.
NOT CONVINCED IT’S WORTH YOUR TIME?
Let’s look at some things the Elite team can catch from just those 2 photos:
- Correction to the type of gutters or downspouts
- Correction to the size
- Painted gutters or downspouts
- Gutter Guards
- Gutters or downspouts that may require a detach & reset if replacement was not approved
- The difference between a 100 LF 5” gutter job vs. a 6” gutter job in Xactimate? $400
- The difference between a 100 LF 5” gutter job vs. a PAINTED 5” gutter job in Xactimate? $640
If you need help measuring gutters and downs on one of your insurance claims or want more information about photo documentation, CLICK HERE to get in touch with Elite Claim Solutions